Aptoyu Bluetooth Speaker Problem

Mar 21, 2018
Hi all,

I got my Aptoyu Bluetooth speaker in November and it's worked great, but yesterday I went to pair it with my phone and it started this annoying humming/buzzing sound and it hasn't stopped.

I tried turning it off and back on, but none of the buttons are responding. I tried reconnecting it to the bluetooth and nothing.

So since it's basically making this pretty loud buzzing sound I wrapped it in a towel and put it in my closet to just let it die overnight. This morning it's still on, fully charged, and still making this sound.

I saw somewhere that the reset button it in the AUX port? But I tried to stick things in there and it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated to fix this issue! Thank you!

Solution
So found a manual online. The reset button is in the AUX port. I tried it again with a spike from a hair comb and pushing down enough I got it to reset and turn off. Now charging and seeing if it will come back on.
Humming and buzz are generally the results of a ground loop.

However, a ground loop problem does not seem to be applicable at all as I understand your post.

Any known drops or hard bumps - some event that could have damaged the speakers?

Does the following link present your speaker?

http://www.aptoyutech.com/product/103.html

Do you have the User Manual? If so, check the troubleshooting section.

If no User Manual use the model number to search for an online copy. I did a quick search with no meaningful results and lots of bogus hits. Using the model number on your speaker should narrow the search results.

Would not expect a reset button to be inside a AUX port. And if you did indeed stick things (especially metal such as a paper clip) inside you probably damaged/shorted the port. Or the neighboring charging port.

That is sort of moot if the buzzing and hum started before your reset attempt.

Perhaps some plugging and/or unplugging of the cables damaged the ports. Take a close look with a magnifying glass and bright light.

Look for any apparent physical damage.

Mar 21, 2018

That's the device I'm using, yes. No hard bumps or fall damage. I think it was an electronic interceptor that caused it, I'm not sure. I don't have the manual anymore. There's not a model number on my speaker, sadly. I used a spike from a comb to try and reset it, so I don't think anything is damaged there. I didn't have anything plugged into it at the time, I just got close with my phone and tried to pair it, then it started buzzing/humming.

Mar 21, 2018
So found a manual online. The reset button is in the AUX port. I tried it again with a spike from a hair comb and pushing down enough I got it to reset and turn off. Now charging and seeing if it will come back on.

Solution
Wondering: "electronic interceptor"? Do you mean some electrical spike while the speaker was being charged...?

Try pairing the speaker with another device away from your phone. Maybe someone else's phone.

If the speaker cannot be made to work with other devices and configurations then the speaker is probably broken.

Mar 21, 2018

Nothing was connected to the device at the same time. No AUX or charging cable. I was simple trying to sync back up with it via bluetooth from my phone. If you press hard enough with a thin probe into the AUX cable then it will reset.

Mar 21, 2018

Thanks for looking into, but if you see my previous post I got it to work. The reset button is in the AUX and I got it to work. Just needed to charge for a bit and it turned back on by itself.