Arc HDMI to HDMI converter to AV

Andy5109

Estimable
Mar 22, 2015
Just wondering if connecting an HDMI cable to an arc HDMI socket on a TV and then connecting the other end of the cable to and HDMI to AV converter if this will enable the TV audio to be sent to another device via AV input. Not sure if this will work as I understand the arc system may only work with another arc compatible HDMI. I do not want to purchase an HDMI converter if it will not work using the arc HDMI socket. Has anyone out there already tried this and if so does it work? It would be great if someone could help me with this question.
Cheers
Andy

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

That will not work. The RCA cables will not carry the ARC signal.

an HDMI cable does the job of up to 7 cables at once, so even a 6-way RCA is still losing something. Can you take a Toslink cable (optical/spdif) from the tv to the other device?

My personal experience with hdmi>hdmi has been a breeze, I would highly recommend upgrading to it at some point.

Andy5109

Estimable
Mar 22, 2015

Andy5109

Estimable
Mar 22, 2015
Just wanting to be able to play the TV audio via the muteki speaker device for more atmosphere when listening to TV. Unfortunately the TV does not have any RCA ouputs and as I mentioned the speaker device only has RCA audio input.