ARC stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMorr50912

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
I have a Sony Bravia XBR65X850B 4K tv connected to an Onkyo TX-NR636 7.2 receiver. Everything was working properly until recently. Full HDMI control, auto switching to the ARC when using the TV's network apps and everything turning on and off with one button on the remote. Recently it's stopped working correctly. I can't get ARC to work at all and the receiver doesn't always turn on or off when everything else does. If I try to set the TV sound to audio system it tells me it's unavailable and turns back to TV speakers. I've done factory resets to the TV and receiver and replaced the HDMI cable between them and still no luck. Everything was working great, I've had this setup for about a year, and I really have no idea what could be going on at this point. Anyone else have anything like this happen or any idea what my problem might be? Thanks in advance for any help you offer.

RMorr50912

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Thanks for your response. Sony calls it Bravia Sync in the settings and both my receiver and my PS4 show up on the list. I've also turned it off and on for the receiver. Seems that they are communicating and right now my HDMI control seems to be working since I'm able to get the tv remote to change volume but still no ARC.

Status
Not open for further replies.