Architecture laptop up to $1600

Diegovalsan

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
I need a laptop for college but i find myself overwhelmed with the multiple options in the market can some one please help me to narrow it down? I use autodesk software and 3d modeling software i'm looking for some powerfull stuf. something with NVIDIA Quadro, solid state drive or hibrid, 16 and up ram, dedicated memory for graphics, coling sistem, core i7 4th or 5th gen. (alredy have a desktop)

Solution
I use Autodesk software on a daily basis. If you're looking for powerful stuff, a laptop just won't cut it no matter what your budget is. You can get a top of the line Sager or MSI GS series laptop, and the laptop processors and GPUs stil don't match the power of a desktop. You can run AutoCAD, Maya, and Revit on laptop, but using a laptop, you won't get the full power that a desktop will provide for that kind of software. If I were you, I would personally look at buying a powerful desktop, and an inexpensive laptop for running a remote desktop connection, that would be the best of both worlds.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I use Autodesk software on a daily basis. If you're looking for powerful stuff, a laptop just won't cut it no matter what your budget is. You can get a top of the line Sager or MSI GS series laptop, and the laptop processors and GPUs stil don't match the power of a desktop. You can run AutoCAD, Maya, and Revit on laptop, but using a laptop, you won't get the full power that a desktop will provide for that kind of software. If I were you, I would personally look at buying a powerful desktop, and an inexpensive laptop for running a remote desktop connection, that would be the best of both worlds.

Solution

Blueberries

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
There are thunderbolt solutions for laptops but none that are really viable yet, hopefully in the near future.

http://magma.com/products/thunderbolt-expansion/expressbox-1t/

Found this, it's expensive though.