Arctic's New Keyboard is 12-mm Tall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Umm... the keyboard is almost completely identical to the Apple keyboard. And we all know Apple is very understanding of other companies copying them...

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/images/gallery/K_381W_01h.png
http://www.hightech-edge.com/wp-content/uploads/apple-wired-keyboard.jpg

Well at least now I can recommend the Apple keyboard, in the form of this AC keyboard, with out being thumb down-ed to oblivion.*

*I hate Apple too, but love the keyboard.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Umm... the keyboard is almost completely identical to the Apple keyboard. And we all know Apple is very understanding of other companies copying them...http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cata [...] 1W_01h.pnghttp://www.hightech-edge.com/wp-co [...] yboard.jpgWell at least now I can recommend the Apple keyboard, in the form of this AC keyboard, with out being thumb down-ed to oblivion.**I hate Apple too, but love the keyboard.[/citation]

I hate Apple too, but I hate the keyboard.

Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 ftw

mastabog

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004
It actually looks almost identical to the Elephant keyboard (also look closely at the keys+coin shot):

http://usb.brando.com/super-slim-keyboard-with-silicone-cover_p00949c034d015.html

I own the above Elephant keyboard and I can tell you that it's ridiculously loud and has wobbly keys ... however, if you keep the silicone cover ON while you type (which was not apparent to me as a requirement) then it's quieter and softer to type but looks and feels odd.

If it is the Elephant keyboard, I wonder if Arctic Cooling bought the rights or is using Elephant to manufacture them (it wouldn't be a good keyboard in my opinion).

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Logitech G-series keyboards are the only ones worth buying imo( gaming wise of course). I have the G19 myself, and used to own the G15, I find myself using the macro keys contently, and the color LCD displaying ventrillo info, or news feeds is great. Only downfall for some would be no "ergonomic" G-boards, but those suck for gaming anywho. I understand that not everyone uses PC to game but I've always typed on standard keyboards, never had any pain (probably from practicing good form and posture, and not having a cheap desk) so I've never seen the point of an ergonomic keyboard.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
I have never understood the fasination with the G series from Logitech. I find Saitek keyboard to offer most of the same features, but with much better typing quality. I have yet to find one G series user who preferred their keyboard to my old Saitek Eclipse and Cyborg.

Now I stick with the Apple keyboard because it has one of the best typing feeling and is nice and small. The extra "F" keys for hot-keying are nice too.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]airborne11b[/nom]Logitech G-series keyboards are the only ones worth buying imo( gaming wise of course). I have the G19 myself, and used to own the G15, I find myself using the macro keys contently, and the color LCD displaying ventrillo info, or news feeds is great. Only downfall for some would be no "ergonomic" G-boards, but those suck for gaming anywho. I understand that not everyone uses PC to game but I've always typed on standard keyboards, never had any pain (probably from practicing good form and posture, and not having a cheap desk) so I've never seen the point of an ergonomic keyboard.[/citation]

I use a Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000, which has more programmable buttons than the Logitech G19 (though the 15 I think has more), and they're in easier to reach locations (for MMOs at least) right above the number keys. You can also re-assign the back/forward buttons underneath the spacebar to whatever you need.

I've found it way more comfortable to use, with less strain on my wrists and I'm not missing a thing that the logitech G series offered, except an LCD screen that really didn't serve much of a purpose for me.

To each their own. :)

I'll agree that this looks quite similar to the apple-style keyboards i've seen around. That said, I've found typing on low profile keys (laptops included) to be a horrible experience (imho.)

I currently use a 1985 IBM model M keyboard. It may sound silly but the added resistance for key-strokes actually makes it better for me to use for extended periods of time. I also game using the same keyboard: I used to use a Logitech a few years back and I actually prefer this over that. At work i'm using a dell basic keyboard (though bad, i'd still rate it above the apple-style low profile units.)

My 2 cents worth...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]ssddx[/nom]I'll agree that this looks quite similar to the apple-style keyboards i've seen around. That said, I've found typing on low profile keys (laptops included) to be a horrible experience (imho.)I currently use a 1985 IBM model M keyboard. It may sound silly but the added resistance for key-strokes actually makes it better for me to use for extended periods of time. I also game using the same keyboard: I used to use a Logitech a few years back and I actually prefer this over that. At work i'm using a dell basic keyboard (though bad, i'd still rate it above the apple-style low profile units.)My 2 cents worth...[/citation]
Model M was and is KING KEYBOARD...
Followed closely by the original Microsoft Natural Keyboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.