Are Coupon Codes found online safe to use?Need your help (HP laptop Coupons)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Hi guys, so i am going to buy 2 laptops from official HP website for the first time(HP Home $ Home office),recently i was viewing review about HP dv7t 7000 quad edition series notebook on Youtube and i noticed that that user had web site which was providing free Coupons for online purchases including HP,so i tried to test if they worked and yes they did,but i haven't bought anything yet.What i am afraid of is that my personal information would be stolen and used by another,because when u press "Get Code"website automatically redirects me to several sites and then to official HP ...

what i want to know is:
1:Are Coupons found online safe to use?(I don't want my personal information to be stolen)
2:I understand that by clicking on random links on internet may have some risk for me and i should take responsibility for that if something happens,but i don't think that Coupon Code itself(Digits and alphabet)would be threatening if i type them right?
3:Are Online Coupon Codes meant for particular people or they can be used by anybody?

Solution
some coupon codes are for sales/advertising/everyone, some are for a specific personal account. It's up to the merchant to decide which is which and accept them. The worst thing that can possibly happen using a coupon code is they'll tell you it doesn't apply or isn't valid. That's it.

Obviously a said above don't follow links from random sites. Our go to random sites as you can get drive by malware

unksol

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
some coupon codes are for sales/advertising/everyone, some are for a specific personal account. It's up to the merchant to decide which is which and accept them. The worst thing that can possibly happen using a coupon code is they'll tell you it doesn't apply or isn't valid. That's it.

Obviously a said above don't follow links from random sites. Our go to random sites as you can get drive by malware

Solution

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Thank you for you reply,i will be careful and not follow some random links,but manually visit and enter Coupon Code to HP official website

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Thanks for clarifying that,i see- i will manually do everything including typing coupon code.Its nice to hear that nothing bad can happen except for getting not accepted or invalid Codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.