Are PC's and home desktops in general becoming a geek-only tool?

rscheetah30

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
I ask this because I've just watched an ex-hacker say on a Youtube video that today's users are only using mobiles, especially Androids, not PC's anymore and that desktops in general are now used only by people who work with PC's such as programmers.

Is this true? I feel like an outsider myself because I've been using PC's for fun for the last 30+ years and I'm neither a programmer nor work with PC's.

Solution
I think that is total rubbish. Try to write a thesis or do real research and have multiple windows and documents open on a notebook, tablet or phone?

The Destop PC may in fact become sleeker ... but multiple monitors, a decent mouse and space to place documents will always be the cornerstone for productivity ... at least until we are "jacked into" some kind of cyberworld.

:)
I think that is total rubbish. Try to write a thesis or do real research and have multiple windows and documents open on a notebook, tablet or phone?

The Destop PC may in fact become sleeker ... but multiple monitors, a decent mouse and space to place documents will always be the cornerstone for productivity ... at least until we are "jacked into" some kind of cyberworld.

:)

Solution
G

Laptops and desktops are used in the home or office for all kinds of work that you can't do (or at least do properly) on a mobile - - I use a desktop PC every day for photo work, web-browsing on big a screen etc - - and whilst I may be a geek I am certainly not a programmer.

Sometimes I wonder if many people even know what a computer is used for by the mainstream public. Sure, I've got an Android phone but I don't think it will run Photoshop -- lol

So it's total rubbish from me too.

In agreement with the preceding posts.

I tend to use older, refurbished desktops. Overall tend to trust my desktops much more than the other devices (iPads, iPhones, Android phones, etc.).

Feel and believe I have more control over desktop than mobile. Use, configuration, repairing, software, and choices.