Are the Beatles Coming to iTunes Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snarfeck

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
i got the full discography of mandy moore why the hell would i want this? face the facts: mandy moore trumps the beatles.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
The Beatles.... rings a bell... I think they used to play the fiddle back a century or two ago.

Honestly, I don't think anyone cares.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]magicandy[/nom]"Unfortunately, Yoko Ono has thrown her own two cents in."Thanks for telling me how I should approach her opinion. =/[/citation]

I was more labeling the confusion "unfortunate" as opposed to her opinion.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
LOL. What were you guys born in the 21st century? I've never seen so many people who don't like the Beatles. Come to think of it this is the same group of people who oppose camera's on their MP3 players just on principal so I suppose this isn't too surprising. The Beatles are one of the most popular bands of all time so to make a statement such as "I don't think anyone cares" is just laughable. If no one cared there wouldn't be an entire Rock Band game devoted just to the Beatles and this article wouldn't have been written in the first place. A very large number of people care and they want the Beatles on iTunes and on their iPods.

G

Well, if EMI don't want to sell the Beatles albums it's their loss...
Meanwhile I guess we have to download them for free instead:
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4894746/The_Beatles_Complete_Discography___320_kbps_[vtgarcia]

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Beetles is so over rated. They are famous simply because they are early in the game of rock'n roll. Their works can't connect with people who are born earlier or later who didn't got the hype. Funny thing is that how their popularity rose and fell with drug abuse in the 60s. Elvis, Rolling Stone and Pink Floyd are more memorable artists that will endure the test of time, while Beetles will go into oblivion and remembered merely as hype.

Stop hyping Beetles, most of us don't care at all.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Huh, lets see, and insider with knowledge says yes, its coming. Apple and EMI (or just EMI at this point?) says "Absolutely 100% no way, and there's nothing behind the curtain". Seems to me the Beatles are coming to iTunes very soon.

Since when has Apple denied a rumor that didn't turn out to be true (other than multiple reports of Steve Jobs' untimely death, of course, they've yet to prove the guy in the turtle neck isn't an android or something).

aj6065

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
hahaha i really cant believe so many people think the Beatles arent popular anymore lol. They are the most influential band of all time. Name just 1 band that is as old as they are and still so popular. The Rolling Stones are the only other band that comes close.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]aj6065[/nom]hahaha i really cant believe so many people think the Beatles arent popular anymore lol. They are the most influential band of all time. Name just 1 band that is as old as they are and still so popular. The Rolling Stones are the only other band that comes close.[/citation]

michael jackson is up there in the 'influential' echelon to make the point that popularity doesn't mean their product is worth listening to... like the first person said, mandy moore has more influence on today's youth than your precious beatles... they fell out of favor for a reason... the idea that they keep coming back because they are timeless is retarded.. the truth is people forget where music comes from and it's not hard to remix, or alter in someway, old music and push it as new and great! the sheeple will buy whatever they're told to so as to be hip and trendy so give it a rest... i'm surprised people even find their music interesting sober since it is only half way tollerable on powerful seditives...

amdgamer666

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]LOL. What were you guys born in the 21st century? I've never seen so many people who don't like the Beatles. Come to think of it this is the same group of people who oppose camera's on their MP3 players just on principal so I suppose this isn't too surprising. The Beatles are one of the most popular bands of all time so to make a statement such as "I don't think anyone cares" is just laughable. If no one cared there wouldn't be an entire Rock Band game devoted just to the Beatles and this article wouldn't have been written in the first place. A very large number of people care and they want the Beatles on iTunes and on their iPods.[/citation]

+1. I was just wondering how so many people could not care about the beatles. I'm unfathomable what such an awesome and influential band could be reduced to. ...especially:

[citation][nom]snarfeck[/nom]i got the full discography of mandy moore why the hell would i want this? face the facts: mandy moore trumps the beatles.[/citation]

Are you f***ing insane? That's one of the most rediculous things I have ever heard in my life. I mean that's about on par with saying "Bush was a good president". No seriously. You better have been using that as a hyperbole but even then that's uncalled for.

To anybody that says they don't have good music: two words: "Eleanor Rigby". I love that song. For me, it's up there with "Ride the Lightning" by Metallica, "Brain Stew" by Green Day, and "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Magnumload

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
[citation][nom]chaohsiangchen[/nom]Beetles is so over rated. They are famous simply because they are early in the game of rock'n roll. Their works can't connect with people who are born earlier or later who didn't got the hype. Funny thing is that how their popularity rose and fell with drug abuse in the 60s. Elvis, Rolling Stone and Pink Floyd are more memorable artists that will endure the test of time, while Beetles will go into oblivion and remembered merely as hype. Stop hyping Beetles, most of us don't care at all.[/citation]

Have you had internet or stepped out of your cave recently? They made a entire game based around the Beatles, they are still selling albums, they aren't just hype, they were ahead of the curve. Also, drugs is what makes this country believe it or not. I'm 18 and I love the Beatles. I can connect with them, just eat some mushrooms and listen to the Beatles, it all just comes together.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]magnumload[/nom]Also, drugs is what makes this country believe it or not. I'm 18 and I love the Beatles. I can connect with them, just eat some mushrooms and listen to the Beatles, it all just comes together.[/citation]

Yet another evidence of drug abuse and affinity to Beetles.

I've been sober all my life (which is about twice your age) without influence from drugs, alcohol or any chemicals, and I find watching Yellow Submarine at age 18 is one of the most torturous mental pollution I've ever experienced in my life. It was worse than recruit training in Taiwanese Army.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
The only thing I care about when it comes to the beetles, is I want to see the albums actually become public domain. If they keep extending how long stuff takes before that happens, it defeats the entire point of having such rules in the first place.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Apple and the Beatles management has had constant and famous legal battles over the the Apple trademark, that belonged to the Beatles management first. after the first bout, apple computers were able to use the trademark as long as they had nothing to do with the music industry. in a second case, after apple introduced cd drives and other audio related stuff, they won the right to keep the trademark as long as they never entered the music industry. then a third fight came when apple created itunes and the ipods, apple won this too, but the Beatles tracks have remained absent from itunes.

further more, anyone who would wait for this Beatles release cause "its remastered and will sound great, ima gonna get mono for extra purity" and then buys them off of itunes in a compressed form, is a f***ing idiot. (but i suppose its understandable for anyone too lazy to go to a shop, or can't be bothered ripping)

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Does any of these "Beatle-haters" realize that even if they don't like the music, they have undoubtedly been listening to music/bands that were inspired by the fab four?

A band who played their own instruments, who wrote their own songs, whose hair (at the time) was long, white boys who covered R&B, the classic four-man-band with drums, bass, rhythm and lead guitars that is still the norm for today. Pre-1963, all you had was the likes of Paul Anka, Bobby Vinton, or some other performer from the same mold.

The Beatles broke that mold and nearly all popular music today was inspired, in some way, by them. It's OK if you don't like their music, but you are kidding yourself if you think any of the music you DO like today doesn't have roots with the Beatles.

brother shrike

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I had to wikipedia Mandy More. Somehow I doubt that Mandy More is more influential than the Beatles. I'm 15, so you really can't say that the Beatles aren't relevant and aren't popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.