Are the crappy Trust urban revolt evening cool headphones supposed to sound so quiet?

Svensander

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
i'm using them just temporarily, until i get my Sennheiser 439's tomorrow.
i'm not worried because of the temporary ones, but i'm worried that maybe the sennheisers would sound that quiet too. i mean, absolutely all volume is on max - the computer volume, headphone inline volume control, video/music volume on max and it's still very quiet. i tested my friend's Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones on my computer, and well, they sound just like they should, the volume was about 30%, and it was quite loud. so, my hearing is OK, but i still don't know if it's because of my computer or just the crappy trust headphones...
maybe some headphones are simply more quiet on my computer?

P.S. i'm using the logitech LS21 speaker's headphone jack, if that helps.

Solution
Did you try plugging them into your rear speaker port( or even the front one)? I'm assuming you are using Realtek onboard sound chip, did you install the EQ program? For some reason the program doesnt come automatic anymore. Also, if you set the Realtek speaker config to quad or better it lets you adjust the sound levels instead of using the headphone settings.
Did you try plugging them into your rear speaker port( or even the front one)? I'm assuming you are using Realtek onboard sound chip, did you install the EQ program? For some reason the program doesnt come automatic anymore. Also, if you set the Realtek speaker config to quad or better it lets you adjust the sound levels instead of using the headphone settings.

Solution