Are there any VPN suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Hi.

I am unsure where to post this.

I live in Canada and have been trying to watch various videos on the internet that sometimes are blocked by geo-location. I don't live in America and there are videos I cannot watch. I am considering getting VPN, either pay or free.

Currently I do not have netflix or anything like that. If I did I would potentially have VPN for that. I'd have netflix in Canada and pay again for the American one. But this is not what I am using VPN for. I want to watch videos on youtube or other web-sites which could include yahoo news.

Are there any recommendations for VPN? Any type? Is there a difference between a pay or free one? Any advice is welcome too.

I hope it is not too complicated, it just seems it needs to be setup. And i hope it's easy to switch back and forth.

Thank you.

Brian V.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Hi Alabalcho.

I was reading that most free VPN's keep track of your usage, are more willing to give your information to governments and others and probably send ad's. I have been given a few VPN's to check out by other people. I'll take some advice here too. It's difficult to figure out who has a good range for their services and isn't sending ad's, etc. A web-ste by the company isn't very informative.

This won't help OP being in Canada and wanting to appear to be in USA (unless he/she can put that server somewhere in USA...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brotuulaan Apps General Discussion 1
L Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 2
M Apps General Discussion 2
E Apps General Discussion 1
G Apps General Discussion 4
K Apps General Discussion 2
R Apps General Discussion 1
B Apps General Discussion 4