Are these safe to remove from startup?

BLACKEYE87

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Hello, Everybody!
I'm checking out the startup programs on my pc & notice two unfamilar programs: one is called "hyla" (gillmore.exe) & the other prgram is called: "aphids" (aphids.exe) are these safe to remove from startup?

Solution
yah not showing up in a search does raise some red flags.

it shows the explorer path to the file. does that folder look like something you installed? if not, then i'd delete it and go about my day. unlikely to be anything good if there is no info on it online.
I have never heard of either - so they;re not going to be OS critical, and certainly not startup critical..... judging from the names and lack of hits when you google them, I'd be concerned they're something you should have fully removed, not just disabled from startup.

BLACKEYE87

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

How should I go about removing these? I found out about these mysterious files when I noticed them in ccleaner on the start up tabs. I tried to delete/remove and can't. I opened the register files deleted them, and they keep popping up. But I think I have fix the problem, I downloaded iobit unlocker, and have unlock it & deleted/removed them, now I don't see them on the ccleaner startup tab & haven't notice it popping up again I hope this fix it. Now I just want to know and make sure that its fully removed. How can i go about checking if its fully removed?

MANY THANKS FOR THE PROMPT REPLY

BLACKEYE87

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

I'm using malwarebytes & AVG and they did not detect them, but I feel confident that I have fully removed them. I haven't experience anything crazy, my pc is running smooth like butter. I restarted the pc twice & they haven't pop up again. So if i see them pop up again for sure a clean install of my OS may be in order.

THANKS, BRO FOR YOUR TIME & HELP

Just remember, just because they do not appear in startup does not mean they're fully removed. Depending on their nature to begin with (ie whether they truly are a virus, or just some weirdly named package file with a legit program), they may be impacting your performance or worse.

It's very odd that I can't find anything substantially via google for either of these items though.... it's a little concerning tbh.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
yah not showing up in a search does raise some red flags.

it shows the explorer path to the file. does that folder look like something you installed? if not, then i'd delete it and go about my day. unlikely to be anything good if there is no info on it online.

Solution

BLACKEYE87

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

The first thing I did was google it up & did find it odd that I couldn't find anything about it. I was worried until I unlocked it with the unlocker then I was able to delete/remove it not only from the programs files but also from the registry & like I said ever since, I haven't seen it pop up again & haven't experience anything crazy. Everything seems to be running normal & smooth. I have faith that its completely removed.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE TO MY INQUIRY. I APPRECIATE THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED ME WITH AND I APPRECIATE THE PROMPT REPLY.

BLACKEYE87

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

The folder looked like something I didn't installed, at first I couldn't delete/remove it, so I was worry. Then I installed iobit unlocker & was able to remove/delete it not only from my program files but also the registry. My PC is running smooth & haven't notice anything unusual.

THANKS, BRO FOR YOUR TIME & HELP

Be cautious when using third party programs to "unlock" files. They can be problems in & of themselves (ie if you can't delete a file, it's because you shouldn't), or only put a bandaid over the true problem (deleting a folder will rarely remove anything that's truly malicious).