are you able to download apps on an sd card after putting it into your phone?

Jun 26, 2015
My phone is just an old galaxy and has bearly any storage, I would like to purchase a 32 gig SD card. If I got one and plugged it into my phone, would it only allow me to put pictures and videos on it? Or would it let me install applications on it? I have been doing research and I have been told both that u can download apps onto it and that u can't, I just want a straight on answer and if I wouldn't be able to download apps onto an SD card, would there be any way that I could get more storage space on my phone other than getting an entirely different phone that had a lot of storage space from the beginning?

Mouse117

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
Hello, maddie

Sadly, you cannot download apps directly onto a SD card. You must download the app on to your phones storage then in the app manager send the data over to you SD card.

-Mouse

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 5
A Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 6
S Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 3
L Android Smartphones 2
G Android Smartphones 1
L Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
H Android Smartphones 1
W Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1
E Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 5
Similar threads
Question What does it mean on my list of downloads, it reads "using 9.49g of 9.14g" Not sure what other info to give or how to ask more precisely. Any feedback
Question Using a Smartphone as a GPS - downloaded maps
Solved! Storage full must download some apps
Solved! How to change download default location SD card in Micromax canvas spark q380
I enable the download location in chrome flags but sdcard not showing help me
Solved! So I see how to fix this problem now but I don't have a clue how to make the card the main spot to download the apps? Is there
Solved! Apps and all downloads saved to Internal storage and not across shared (formatted) SD card
Solved! Mp3 files downloaded corrupted?
Solved! how to stop the downloading the of any particular app that it can not be downloded agin in a phone
I ordered some mediations but when downloaded they was in text form how them into file form I can use
Pandora music app allows you to download music to play while offline
Solved! How to set default download location to external sd card on samsung j2 prime?
Solved! how can i download big updates on my j7 pro
Solved! I want to download other app
Solved! Private mode not working
I choose external memory put all my download game go to internal memory why?
Can i put my sd card in a phone thats not activated .it turns on and has pics can i download them
To to automatically put downloading app games to sd card on samsung j3
I have a galaxy core prime phone and I just put a 32 GB sd card but I still can not download any games it says not enough stor
Put new sd card in phone and cannot download apps phone says insufficient storage but has 7.2 gbs available on sd card Android

ASK THE COMMUNITY