ArmA III Hitting Retail September 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
"ArmA III will be available for $44.99 USD, 29.99 GBP, and 34.99 EUR. " Games do not cost the same numerically across all currencies???

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
"ArmA III will be available for $44.99 USD, 29.99 GBP, and 34.99 EUR. " Games do not cost the same numerically across all currencies???

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
""ArmA III will be available for $44.99 USD, 29.99 GBP, and 34.99 EUR. " Games do not cost the same numerically across all currencies??? "

If I can buy an apple for 4 golds in Kansas, I should be able to buy one at the same price when I'm not in Tokyo. Especially when the product in question, like video games via the internet, you should be able to pay the same physical value for something instead of the same numerical value.

If you pay the same numerical value of any currencies for anything anywhere, then I could have bought the whole world with my 6 Zillion Zimbabwen Dollar :p

targetdrone

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
It's because of the taxes an regulations various governments put on companies who then pass that cost on to YOU.

Business don't pay taxes and never will.

_BigHead_

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
According to my Currency+ App, the current exchange rate from US Dollar is $1.5454 = 1 GBP, and $1.3264 = 1 EUR
That comes out to the prices $44.99 USD = 29.11GBP and 33.92 EUR. That makes the US price point the cheapest at current market rates, GBP second cheapest, and the EUR the most expensive. Correct me if i'm wrong, but show your work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 4
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 1