Army UAV Makes First Confirmed Kills

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Compare how this aircraft looks to the aircraft in the Terminator movies and ask yourself this question...

Did the science fiction spur the technology or did the technology spur the science fiction?

customisbetter

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
i just miss the days where people killed each other for land or arguments over policies. Now they kill for religious glory.

THAT is what saddens me. This leads to guerrilla warfare and ultimately to robot assassins like in the above article.

I don't really know what to think anymore...

G

It's not "one day closer to the day when machines take over the world."

It's one day closer to the day when evil men take over the world.

G

i always thought using UAV's or any remote controlled unit was against the so called "rules of war" as one side doesn't take any accusal casualties

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]Its funny but isn't a missle that is self guided a UAV?[/citation]
I don't think so since a vehicle is commonly defined to be a means of transportation or able to carry some sort of payload. The missile isn't carrying a payload - it is the payload.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Hmm.. them pilots are probably thinking "Well damn, if this goes any further say goodbye to our jobs.. we'll be demoted to watching a screen to make sure it don't make a mistake"

This is why I am applying for Basic infantry, because you can't replace that

G

This is great news. Anything that helps eliminate extremists, determined to harm others in the name of their perverted religion.

greenskye

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
[citation][nom]customisbetter[/nom]i just miss the days where people killed each other for land or arguments over policies. Now they kill for religious glory. THAT is what saddens me. This leads to guerrilla warfare and ultimately to robot assassins like in the above article. I don't really know what to think anymore...[/citation]

um... ever heard of the crusade? I believe that wars over religion probably pre-date wars over "policies". Read up on your history sometime.

nick2000

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
A hellfire missile to remove 2 ennemies? At $50k-$70k each it's no wonder we have budget problems!! Can't it just lob a couple of grenades at a few $ for the same result?

nick2000

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
A hellfire missile to remove 2 enemies? At $50k-$70k each it's no wonder we have budget problems!! Can't it just lob a couple of grenades at a few $ for the same result?

my_name_is_earl

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
"A hellfire missile to remove 2 enemies? At $50k-$70k each it's no wonder we have budget problems!! Can't it just lob a couple of grenades at a few $ for the same result?"

Dude, you're Grenades is still expensive. I'd say shoot them with a bow and arrow, it's way cheaper. Or a rock to the head will do the trick.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Hmm.. them pilots are probably thinking "Well damn, if this goes any further say goodbye to our jobs.. we'll be demoted to watching a screen to make sure it don't make a mistake"This is why I am applying for Basic infantry, because you can't replace that[/citation]

these things still use pilots in remote buildings. the thing is the enemy could hack in to the wireless communications and turn our own weapons against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.