Artist Creates Portraits With iPad Brushes App

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Why why why do people think that just because something is done on an iPad/iPhone/iPod it is new or amazing? People have been doing portraits with similar software on PCs for years.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I think it's more news worthy to know that people can achieve just as much without using an iPad. Kassan has his iPad, da Vinci had his toile and I had my Lightbright.

G

why does it piss you off so bad is the question

he made a portrait by pretty much finger painting. i dont know of anyone who does that on PC

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]lenov9[/nom]why does it piss you off so bad is the questionhe made a portrait by pretty much finger painting. i dont know of anyone who does that on PC[/citation]
It annoys me because people have turned into mindless idiots. I see headlines such as "Doctor uses iPad in surgery", how is that special? What about everyone else who uses a PC?

And people have been making them by "finger painting" for a long time. Have you never seen touch tablets?

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
As much as I think the iPad is almost worthless compared to smartphones, I do see the relevance behind articles behind this. This is another way of making art without media. Just keep your panties on people, you don't have to read this, and the trolling just makes it a bit less enjoyable for those of us that do.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]thesupermedium[/nom]As much as I think the iPad is almost worthless compared to smartphones, I do see the relevance behind articles behind this. This is another way of making art without media. Just keep your panties on people, you don't have to read this, and the trolling just makes it a bit less enjoyable for those of us that do.[/citation]
But please tell me what is special/new about it?

hebe

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
In the end, Mr. Kassan has proved himself to be a fantastic artist. This says absolutely nothing about what the average person can get out of this app on an iPad/iPhone/etc...

G

the ipad is good for one think that is for sure.
coming up with bs stories on slow news days. apple already has monopolized music. 2010 will go down in history as the year apple monopolized the news. all the while there are way better apps on the pc like EJukebox that go unmentioned.

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
the ipad is the stupidest, most useless device in the history of the planet. and please dont tell me you disagree with me. in fact, go ahead and disagree with me. i dont care. this is just my opinion.

didymus03

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah I am not sure what the point of this article is. As an artist and as a consumer who does a lot of research before making a purchase, I decided against an ipad as a mobile digital art pad because it is severely limited in comparison to other devices. I went with a 12" tablet pc with much better accuracy, better digital painting software options, and most importantly: pressure sensitivity. The artist in this article is significantly more impressive than the device he's using but the title seems to focus on the ipad and application.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I don't see the point in this article either.

The iPad did something that has been around for a while, yet it's "new" and "revolutionary".

Next we'll see "Pilot uses iPad to fly plan"

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Not to knock Apple here, but my Wacom tablet (pressure sensitive) does a better job at half the cost of the ipad.

Drawing/painting with fingers doesn't even compete with a stylus.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]SevenVirtues[/nom]It annoys me because people have turned into mindless idiots. I see headlines such as "Doctor uses iPad in surgery", how is that special? What about everyone else who uses a PC?And people have been making them by "finger painting" for a long time. Have you never seen touch tablets?[/citation]

Because they did it with a handicap.

Status
Not open for further replies.