Question Internal laptop agony

Jul 3, 2020
my moniker is part of my question(and answer)rant. Who, looks at an open laptop, see's all these ribbons and connectors every where, and says lets put really, really, really tiny snap on connectors for wifi from the card to the antenna? I am so angry about now, just so no one else would have to endure such engineering. 3 cards later and an antenna,....is it ok to just solder the connections?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 3, 2020
4 pair. could not get them to connect back up. 3 other people tried. just stupid design considering looking in an open computer and the one thing you don't find is a snap type design on connectors.....except on a wifi.

Jul 3, 2020
That would be the the ones, however mine are right next to each other. But check this out. in the upper left hand corner there is a ribbon. If we could grab the little wifi card designer by the throat and shove a ribbon and connector in his face, Maybe he would redesign that whole system, that would basically match ever computers internals with a ribbon style. That would be too far out like the space craft video's just day before yesterday circling the moon. All 3 of them.