Asking about laptops for... I guess graphic design

robin.saarikko

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I currently have a pc just for gaming and occasional drawing with graphics tablet and autodesk scetchbook. The only problem I guess I have is that the screen is 144hz basic 1080p TN display - so nothing looks exactly spectacular on it - and I really don't like sitting in my room... So I'm looking for a way to start staring screen at other locations ;|

So looking for laptop that that could run at least dota and osu!... w/ IPS display and maybe over 1440p if that makes any difference (I have no idea whatsoever :/). And how much difference is there between screen technologies/different IPS "codenames". Let's say something like difference between HP Brightview and "basic" IPS.. And I know there is so many more.

If anyone has any suggestions, budget would be somewhere over 1k... If you can get anything for graphic design. And screen that would be good enough for the above mentioned purposes; not so graphic intense games (or maybe, if there is a laptop with acceptable price-point that allows it) and illustration.

robin.saarikko

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
I... uhhh... yeah... not touching macbooks. The OS is too... meh... I get why people buy them but first of all they lack the support for gaming. Even if you could stick a 1080ti into that "overpriced brand-carrier", you're not gonna get much out of it.

Or I'm just biased against the overall Apple way of thinking.