Solved! Aspire 5580 fan working randomly

passerby_88

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my laptop right now. My laptop temperature can climb up to 103C on idle because for some reason the fan is not working. Laptop automatically turn off at 105C I think. When I restart my laptop I can hear my fan spinning again and right now temperature is on 55-60C on idle.

Is this normal temperature on idle 60C? I already clean the fan dust but I'm still waiting for my thermal paste so right now using old grease.

From your experience is this motherboard or fan problem? This problem (fan working randomly) has occurred since last 2 weeks. I'm OK with buying a new fan just I'm worried if the problem is actually the mobo.

Just now I disassemble my laptop and let it run with vital component. (CPU, RAM, mobo) Unfortunately the fan won't start and when I try to move the blade for a few seconds with screwdriver it suddenly spin! :D haahhaha!

Any idea? Your input is highly appreciated. :) Thank you

Solution

The problem is already solved. The laptop fan itself is the problem. I replace it, put a new thermal compund and my laptop worked like it used to :) No more heat problem or sudden power shut.

hwlim07

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

You have the same problem with me. i oways need to blow the fans with mouth to make it move=.=lll

passerby_88

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011

The problem is already solved. The laptop fan itself is the problem. I replace it, put a new thermal compund and my laptop worked like it used to :) No more heat problem or sudden power shut.

Solution