Aspire 5733 won't boot after installing SSD

Insaniak

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
I replaced my HDD on my aspire 5733 with my SSD but now it just keeps cycling main boot screen where it says f2 stays on for about 5 seconds and repeats I've tried pressing f2 to enter bios and I can't. My SSD works just fine I was using it on my desktop. When I put the HDD back into the aspire 5733 it boots up and into Windows. I'm not sure what's going on any help would be appreciated

When you try to install Windows, are you sure you're booting from the Windows DVD or a USB flash drive?

If you have both disks running at the same time, can you "see" the SSD in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management and if you can, do you get a message "Disk needs initialising" or similar?

Insaniak

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

I cannot have both running at same time, I removed old HDD and replaced with SSD. I cannot boot into bios or boot from windows installation USB

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Insaniak,

Is there OS on the SSD?

One thing you can try is to take the SSD out of the laptop and try to enter BIOS afterwards. That way you will see if there is something wrong with the keyboard.(F2 button)

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Insaniak

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

I Installed the OS on the SSD from my desktop then installed it into laptop, that fixed the issue. Im still not sure why I couldnt install OS using the laptop on the SSD.