Aspire One D255 White Screen Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisjheaton

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I purchased my daughter Aspire One D255-2256 over a year & a half ago (out of warranty). About a month or so ago when she booted up the computer the screen powered up completely white. She claims, which I am assumed to believe, she did not bump, drop, or hit the laptop in any way, although you just never know with teenagers. Initially I looked up various related issues online (forums, Acer website, etc) about the problem and there is not one useful or solved solution available. The computer connects to an external monitor fine (with all appropriate Fn + F5 display functionality). The laptop has all the required software/system updates. All the internal hardware connections are clean and firmly connected. The screen just remains a solid white. Before I drop $40 to buy a new screen to see if that fixes the problem, I was hoping someone in the Tom's Hardware community has a suggestion or three. Thank you!

chrisjheaton

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Thank you. I figured as much but was hoping there was someone out there that may have had a similar problem. Ordered a new screen. I'll post the results once I have it installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.