Aspire one d257 netbook error pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom no bootable device -- ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustrated Mom

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Two days of research and nothing that anyone has post has helped. I am at a loss. My daughter's netbook will not even respond to "Alt + F10" it doesn't work. Nothing does I even went as far as to use a flash drive, and change boot order to boot from the usb flash drive. Still when I power the netbook, I get the Acer flash screen, then:

"blah, blah, blah, blah ... pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

Anyone have any answers that doesn't start with "Alt + F10"?

Thanks,

Frustrated Mom

Solution
Go into the BIOS of the netbook when you first power it up (usually press F2 or DEL key to access BIOS). Look for the network adapter settings. Turn off (disable the network adapter PXE settings if enabled). Also look at the boot order and make sure that boot from network is disabled. Save and restart. You'll be good to go.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Go into the BIOS of the netbook when you first power it up (usually press F2 or DEL key to access BIOS). Look for the network adapter settings. Turn off (disable the network adapter PXE settings if enabled). Also look at the boot order and make sure that boot from network is disabled. Save and restart. You'll be good to go.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.