Aspire V5-571P-6499 laptop goes black screen with "operating system not found" in top left

cooloolaman

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Hi, im trying to fix a Aspire V5-571P-6499 laptop, its problem is when i power it up it shows Acer logo then goes to black screen with "operating system not found" in top left corner, iv turned off then turned it on ctrl+alt del and then i hit F2 n got into Bios, can i fix this problem without losing my data? any and/or all help would be appreciated,Thanks,

Hi,

From the error itself the only solution would be to reinstall Windows but there are still ways on how you can backup your files fortunately. :)

One of the easiest I would say is to remove the HDD off the laptop and use it as an external HDD so you can just plug it into a different PC and so you can get all the files you need from it. You'll need 1 device though in order for you to use your laptops HDD as an external HDD.

Here's that device: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182313

Once you've successfully backed up your files you can proceed on reinstall Windows in that HDD. You'll need to order a recovery disc from ACER so you can reinstall Windows back in your laptop. :)

cooloolaman

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016