AspireV3-571 Overheating Problem

Abafzal

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
I am using Acer aspire v3-571. It is heating up very quickly. I am not sure whether fan is running. there is hardly any noise. How can I check whether it is working or not?
I am not a technical person so please a non-technical answer please if possible. Many thanks.

NerdyComputerGuy

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Evening,

There should be a fan grill on the left or right side of your laptop, put your hand next to it and if you feel any wind then your fan is working. The fan may have some dust in it (making it not spin as fast as it should to sufficiently cool your laptop).

To fix this, you could open the laptop up and simply clean the fan OR you could get a vacume and put it up against the fan grills (while the computer is off) and this should take some dust out of the fan to allow the blockage to clear and for the fan to run at a higher speed.

It this fails that I recommend that you look online for a 'Cooling Pad' they are relatively cheap and go underneath the laptop, they have fans on them and are usually connected to the laptop through a USB connection. This will cool your laptop and drop your temperatures a fair bit.

Regards,