biggames0101

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
So this is my first time encountering this problem, i don't have an antivirus on this computer, i use it mainly for gaming and youtube. A process in task manager called "aspnet.exe" with description "aspnet.exe" is using 50% of my cpu and is killing it.. I've read some things about this process, that it's a virus, but that it also can be a NET framework thing... I'm really scared as i do some work and banking on the computer, as i log in my bank account and stuff.. and everything i have is here, do i have to clean install or it's normal?

Solution
ASP.NET is a programming language used for some websites.
aspnet.exe is not a normal system process, and is not used in any way to support any of the .net language family
There is a bitcoin minning virus that uses that name.

Right because you cant get any sort of virus from gaming and youtube, nor the other things that dont fall into "mostly"

Why be so ignorrant to run an internet using PC without an antivirus. While the software you have to pay for like kaspersky or bitdefender IS is much bette,r even the free bitdefender AV, or avira, or avast is 100x better then running with no antivirus what so ever.

Download malwarebytes form https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and let it scan your PC. I would be willing to bet it will find plenty...

biggames0101

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016
Ok so i used Kaspersky Internet Security and Reimage Repair, and they've not found much besides my system is unstable and there's a lot of trash files, also, i can't see the exe location or find it.

ASP.NET is a programming language used for some websites.
aspnet.exe is not a normal system process, and is not used in any way to support any of the .net language family
There is a bitcoin minning virus that uses that name.

Right because you cant get any sort of virus from gaming and youtube, nor the other things that dont fall into "mostly"

Why be so ignorrant to run an internet using PC without an antivirus. While the software you have to pay for like kaspersky or bitdefender IS is much bette,r even the free bitdefender AV, or avira, or avast is 100x better then running with no antivirus what so ever.

Download malwarebytes form https://www.malwarebytes.com/ and let it scan your PC. I would be willing to bet it will find plenty of inefections on your PC.

Solution

I am assuming you saw aspnet.exe was using 50% in task manager correct?
Right click on the process and select Open FIle Location. Good chance it will open to your user account's app data folder.