ASRock Jumping on Tablet Bandwagon Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
More tablets means more competition which is naturally better for us as consumers.
It also gives us more choices, but the problem with this is that almost all of these upcoming tablets are going to run CPU's, GPU's and RAM that are close to identical to each other (in comparison to other tablets).

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I didn't know ASRock was that big.[/citation]

serious I would have at least put MSI ahead of them

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I didn't know ASRock was that big.[/citation]

They are the 3rd largest motherboard manufacturer in terms of sales volume. Just behind Asus and Gigabyte.They overtook MSI

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]tekeffect[/nom]serious I would have at least put MSI ahead of them[/citation]

Dude ASRock = Asus cheapo brand. Of course their big thanks to their master...Asus. I found the name funny from the beginning tho...AS ROCK? solid as rock?? stability I guess? or ASS ROCK? bwahahah! :lol:

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
As far as I'm concerned, ASROCK motherboards are just as stable and rock solid as ASUS motherboards, the only difference is ASROCK doesn't equip their boards with all of the useless expensive stuff like ASUS does. That's my opinion.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Call it what you want but ASROCK is a value brand which means fewer features and lower quality.

You get what you pay for which is low quality.....

jrtolson

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
The Problem with the "tablet pc market" is not the hardware, (i said this to a friend many years ago.. when we used them at work).. The Problem is the WINDOWS.. if i bought a sports car and then dicied to get an elephant to drive it. it will be one slow and clunky car... now im no apple fan boy but if its one thing they got Absolutley right it is the software that drives the ipad that made it the one and only tablet device do far just for the user experience alone.. if these manufactures want to make an ipad wannabe, Then the operating system that is driving the devise needs to be developed to fit.. if they are just making a cheap touch screen laptop with no keyboard and chucking windows 7 on it.. then im afraid i for one won't even entertain it, and i doubt many others will either

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]More tablets means more competition which is naturally better for us as consumers.It also gives us more choices, but the problem with this is that almost all of these upcoming tablets are going to run CPU's, GPU's and RAM that are close to identical to each other (in comparison to other tablets).[/citation]

Then I guess if they try to make their product stand out they better put a decent touchscreen on it huh?

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]vvhocare5[/nom]Call it what you want but ASROCK is a value brand which means fewer features and lower quality.You get what you pay for which is low quality.....[/citation]
I completely disagree. ASRock has as much, if not more features than other companies including Asus. They have the windows instant boot, the iPhone remote controller thing, and they were the firs compan to come out with fully integrated sata3, usb3 and esata3.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I don't dare buy their motherboards, as they're always doing something silly with the design or mating the unlikeliest of features. But in a tablet that might be cool! Perhaps you'd actually want a tablet with a serial connection or equipped with gddr5 or whatever they can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.