Solution
Do you know which revision the Gigabyte board is? Is it version 1.0 or 2.2? Typically, first revision motherboards have issues worked out in subsequent revisions. This is not to say that if you get the 1.0 revision Gigabyte board that it will have problems, but it is to say that later revisions should have all the kinks worked out and less issues. IMO, given the choice between the ASRock and 1.0 revision of the Gigabyte boad, I would go with the ASRock.

Effectively, both boards have the same specs and either one would serve its purpose; Gigabyte and ASRock are the 2nd and 3rd (respectively) mobo makers in the world. There is an equal chance of getting a bad board from either of them and both offer quality support.So, it comes down to...

H4X3R

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
I would choose the Gigabyte because the Asrock have had some problems with their boards. Also, gigabyte has a more intuitive BIOS and better quality components.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Do you know which revision the Gigabyte board is? Is it version 1.0 or 2.2? Typically, first revision motherboards have issues worked out in subsequent revisions. This is not to say that if you get the 1.0 revision Gigabyte board that it will have problems, but it is to say that later revisions should have all the kinks worked out and less issues. IMO, given the choice between the ASRock and 1.0 revision of the Gigabyte boad, I would go with the ASRock.

Effectively, both boards have the same specs and either one would serve its purpose; Gigabyte and ASRock are the 2nd and 3rd (respectively) mobo makers in the world. There is an equal chance of getting a bad board from either of them and both offer quality support.So, it comes down to personal choice and whichever motherboard fits your budget better.

Another thing to consider is if you are using the on-board video, the ASRock has a VGA and DVI connector whereas the Gigabyte has only a VGA. If you are using a discreet video card, then this is a moot point.

I personally have had good experiences with both Gigabyte and ASRock mobos and currently have ASRock mobos running in my main machine and HTPC with a Gigabyte mobo in my NAS. I've taken a liking to ASRock over the past several years and have no issues recommending any of their mobos.

Solution

H4X3R

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Thank you for the clarification of things chunkymonster :ange:
I am sure you will be able to help him better than i will, so i will leave this case to you.

Have fun :ange: