Astonishing Amputee Cat Gets Two Bionic Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
i would never pay for this for an animal... i love my dog to death but i would give the money to help a human before an animal

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
This is really great progress. I remember reading about this kind of biotechnology a few years ago where they were testing it with people who had lost the tips of their fingers. This really is incredible progress.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]RooD[/nom]i would never pay for this for an animal... i love my dog to death but i would give the money to help a human before an animal[/citation]

Can't say I would. I've known more animals who deserve to live than humans. Not to mention this is probably more along the lines of animal testing to eventually be able to do it on humans anyway.

sicpric

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Can't say I would. I've known more animals who deserve to live than humans. Not to mention this is probably more along the lines of animal testing to eventually be able to do it on humans anyway.[/citation]

I do too, but he isn't saying he would spend that money on murderers or rapist. I love animals to death a well, but if I had a cat and it lost two of it's legs, I'd have to put it to sleep, not spend $$$$ on two nubs...

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]Can't say I would. I've known more animals who deserve to live than humans. Not to mention this is probably more along the lines of animal testing to eventually be able to do it on humans anyway.[/citation]

Agreed, this is just paving the way for what can be done to humans... It's funny, we see stuff like this in the movies all the time and as humans, we make it happen.

G

So the Combine has stooped to injuring pets, eh? Well Gordon Freeman will give 'em what for in the next episode...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]RooD[/nom]i would never pay for this for an animal... i love my dog to death but i would give the money to help a human before an animal[/citation]

There's a good chance a large part of the cost was covered because they needed a guinea pig to test this technology on an animal.

binkalette

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010

I would do this for my dog/cat in a heart beat. You'd have a hard time convincing me to do that for a stranger, there are so many evil people in this world that wouldn't deserve it.

jokemeister

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I think most of us are missing the point. This research may lead to improved prosthetics for humans. It's also likely that it was very easy to get approval to do on the animal but extremely difficult and costly to do on a person. Anyway, it'll make mounting the stuffed cat a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.