Astro A50 or Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones?

bingaloman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hello, I am not experienced in headphones as I always have used cheap ones but I am planning on getting some new higher grade headphones for PS4/PC.

I was wondering if any of you guys had experience with either of these headphones.

I am mainly looking for just sound, the mic is not important to me as I don't talk on the mic ever.

Based just on sound only, which would have better sound quality and overall directional sound?

Astro A50 Gen2 or the Sennheiser HD 598?

I've looked at reviews and for the A50, there's mixed reviews saying that the sound can be muddy, but there is a ton of good reviews for the Sennheisers.

Once again the mic is irrelevant to me, I know the A50 has one but I will probably never use it. And wireless or wired does not really matter to me.

If any of you guys have any experience with these, which do you recommend?

Thanks!

bingaloman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

I am actually using these for CoD, would you still recommend the HD 598 for CoD in terms of sound and directional sound?

thor220

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009

In this case, you should probably pick up the A50. The built in equalizer will help you hear footsteps and whatnot, direction sound is pretty good, and they are closed so other ppl cannot hear you. The 598 are much better sounding but that doesn't really matter if all your going to be doing is playing CoD. CoD doesn't put an emphasis on high quality sound and thus the 598s would be wasted on the game.

bingaloman

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Oh ok I see, thanks!