Lars01

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Hello, my Asus s53s is noisy when gaming and watching youtube videos. Also if i do a lot in one time., i bought it in 2011/2012. It has a i5 2450m cpu, gtx610m gpu, 6gb of ram and 500gb 5400 rpm hard drive.

It has been noisy in over a year now when doing intensive stuff. We sent it in for repair because it was noisy, and the fan was broken. When they had replaced it and fixed it and we got it back, it wasnt better. We sent it inand asked if they could take a check, and they said it should be like that.
I am a bit confused because when i play gta san andreas it sounds like a small hair dryer. When gaming san andreas the cpu core reached 81 degrees celsius and the package 81 degrees celsius. i checked with "hw monitor". The gpu reached 69 degrees celsius max when gaming gta sa.

Well, since the cpu reaches 80+ degrees and it's loud, should i change the termal paste or something? I have heard other people opened up asus laptops and they never worked after they screwed it together.

Please help:)

Thank's!

Solution
Without actually hearing what it sounds like, can't say if it's oddly noisy or just normal for a system that is under load.

Yes, replacing the paste can help, and yes if you do it wrong the laptop won't start. You should have a few people that work around laptops check and see how the sound is.
Without actually hearing what it sounds like, can't say if it's oddly noisy or just normal for a system that is under load.

Yes, replacing the paste can help, and yes if you do it wrong the laptop won't start. You should have a few people that work around laptops check and see how the sound is.

Solution