Asus a56cb-xx174h battery

Modulogil

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
This morning I inserted the battery of my Asus a56cb-xx174 after a week and I noticed that it doesn't take any charge. Moreover the PC indicates that the battery has 89% of charge in it but when I unplug the power my computer suddenly shuts down (with the battery inserted!)..is it a problem of the battery ?if so, how can solve it?

Battery status

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Right click on the battery icon on the bottom right hand corner and select Power Options.
- Click on "Change plan settings then "Change advanced power settings".
- Now once Power Options is open, expand Battery and Critical battery action, set both On battery and Plugged in to "Do nothing".
- Expand Critical battery level then set both On Battery and Plugged in to 5% then click Apply and OK.
- Once done, unplug your laptop from its charger again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the same problem will persist do test your AC adapter, remove the battery off the laptop then boot it up with just the AC adapter connected. If it stays on with just the AC adapter that means it's working properly and the battery is already faulty.
- Do also try charging the battery of the laptop using a different AC adapter and see if it will stay on when it's fully charge and the charger unplugged.