Asus A730 Charging?

zacelliott

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Hey all, first post here, hopefully you can help me out. I recently picked up an Asus A730 PDA off craigslist for $45. All the guy gave me was the PDA and a USB Sync Cable (It doesn't have an AC port on the cable, like the stock Asus cord, it seems to be an aftermarket cord) so I plugged it into the USB charger in my truck, and it didn't charge. I plugged it into my HTC USB Wall charger, no charge. At this point, its totally dead, I can occasionally pop it on for about 5 seconds before it shuts back off. So I texted the guy i bought it from, and he said all you had to do was get the right drivers, and it will charge via USB on your computer. So i downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center, and installed it. Plugged the A730 in, didn't charge. So i'm kinda stuck. It seems it came with a utility disk, which makes me think there are drivers for this particular model somewhere that will enable charging via USB, but I can't find them anywhere, i've googled so much stuff, with no results. Does anyone here have experience with this PDA, and if so, if you have the CD, could I get the Drivers? I don't wanna pay ~$20 and wait a few weeks for an AC adapter for it, and would love to just charge it via my Computer, which BTW is a Macbook Pro, and I'm using Windows 7 Professional to try to charge it.