ASUS AI Suite III Setup will not start

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaywrox

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi All,
I just bought a new PC. The configuration is below. I have installed all the drivers and essentials. I want to install the AI suite III but not able to because the setup won't start.

I've clicked on the setup.exe and the asussetup.exe as well. I went to ASUS website, downloaded the suite for my OS and same thing happens. Nothing comes up on the screen. The process could be seen in my Task Manager just sitting there for hours and the setup still starting.

Kindly help me solve this issue.

Asus Z87-Pro
Intel Core i5 4670k
16Gb Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
3GB ASUS Radeon HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP

Solution
Hi All

I've have had the same problem and been trying to work it out since I bought this mobo back in Oct. Today I have finally worked it out. All you need to do is download the latest version of AISuite III, right click on the zip file, properties , and click the big button that says Unblock and hit apply. You will now be able to install without any of the above post and if needed you will be able to uninstall without any problems.

I hope this works.

Enjoy

Raippix

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014

This worked with Win 8.1 for me newest AI suite for ASUS A78M-A motherboard. Thanks

Jona Acu

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

don't work for me

rv_el

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008

This also worked for me. There are a ton of exe files. What I did was I extracted the zip file to the desktop and then in the main folder I went into search and just did a "*.exe*. Then I went down the list (it is a lot) and right clicked and hit properties on each one and hit Unblock and OK. Over and over until all were done.

Then back in the main folder I right clicked on asussetup.exe and did Run As Administrator. If it is working correctly you will see a black box come up with checkboxes for all the programs. It will be obvious that it is working correctly.

Hit install and it may take a bit to get going.

Then it prompts to reboot, yes or no. ( no forced reboot)

Thanks for the solution! What a strange hang up to begin with.

David Waldow

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014

thanks that worked perfectly

calderes

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

THIS TOTALLY WORKED!

I would add - if you go to the root folder (the highest directory before the subfolders where you might see "AsusSetup.exe" - you can use the windows search field and type "*.exe" and find all the exe's that you need to change.

(I THOUGHT I was saving myself time by downloading the update files in advance on my other computer and then transferring them onto the new SSD...omg...so much time wasted figuring this out....)

Thanks again

SteveWa

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014

Thank you for the answer here.
To prevent unblocking every *.exe, simply unblock the .zip file before extracting. Still had to change the compatibility for all users to run as Admin though.
I can confirm that this has worked on my new build today, and that the ASUS AI Suite 3 issues are still happening with the new download version: 10079
I have a ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k, Win 7 64-bit ultimate, and AI Suite was the only software left to install for the build.
Cheers

Jimbobjr88

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

You little beauty! I have just built a LGA2011-3 rig and I just could not get the AI Suite setup to run! This solved the issue for me - Asus X99 Deluxe. Thanks again!!!

J Andersen

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014

This actually worked like a charm.

Thanks.

Dale Hord

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014

Montyb, I want to thank you very much for the assistance on this problem. Who would of thought that Asus put Security on each and every one of the exe files. Thanks again Montyb

ongbak130

Estimable
Mar 11, 2015
Download ISO Maker, Make a iso of asus suite 3 and after burn it on to a cd with free iso burner
and lunch the setup.exe by the cd

youtube
if you want know how iso maker work
that work for me ! :)

FJMcNasty

Estimable
Mar 19, 2015
Uninstall AIS3, and when the app offers the choice of bits you want to ditch select ONLY the Wireless Engine.

I wrote a lot more, but when I posted it Tom's damn security page came up, and by the time I'd entered the Captcha it had evaporated. Basically, follow the info elsewhere here about unblocking ZIPs and EXEs and setting them all to run as Admin first, go to Task Schedular after and change User if necessary to your own account, plus setting compatibility from Vista to W7 if applicable. Then try my answer.

**** ASUS setups.

Benja81

Estimable
May 9, 2015

Thanks!!!

Duy Anh Luu

Estimable
Jun 5, 2015

I love you. It totally done! What a asus!

tominfhl

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Just ran into this problem. Literally, unblocking the executable file is the answer, but you don't need to do them individually. Just right click the zip archive you downloaded from the asus page and unblock the archive. All the files inside are then unblocked. When you extract the folder, they remain unblocked. After scratching my head for a while, this solution sorted me out. I ran asussetup.exe and smiled.

Reference: Unblock zip file

davidfromlondon

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
Apologies I'm sure I'm being extremely dim but I don't see an unblock option when I right click on an exe file and select properties, rather get a multi-tab sheet with 7 tabs, first two General and Compatibility. I've checked all - no unblock. We are also running Norton Utilities - all under Windows 7. What am I doing wrong?

Gopherlove

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015

Been messing around with this for a couple of WEEKS now trying.. and this is exactly what worked for me.

Went to Task Manager, ended axinst.exe and literally the setup magically started.

Status
Not open for further replies.