ASUS AI Suite III Setup will not start

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaywrox

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi All,
I just bought a new PC. The configuration is below. I have installed all the drivers and essentials. I want to install the AI suite III but not able to because the setup won't start.

I've clicked on the setup.exe and the asussetup.exe as well. I went to ASUS website, downloaded the suite for my OS and same thing happens. Nothing comes up on the screen. The process could be seen in my Task Manager just sitting there for hours and the setup still starting.

Kindly help me solve this issue.

Asus Z87-Pro
Intel Core i5 4670k
16Gb Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
3GB ASUS Radeon HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP

Solution
Hi All

I've have had the same problem and been trying to work it out since I bought this mobo back in Oct. Today I have finally worked it out. All you need to do is download the latest version of AISuite III, right click on the zip file, properties , and click the big button that says Unblock and hit apply. You will now be able to install without any of the above post and if needed you will be able to uninstall without any problems.

I hope this works.

Enjoy

LukaszZKrakowa

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015

For me that solution helped on Z170-A and AISuite3_Win7-81-10_Z170_V10126 on WIndows 8.1

First run:
AISuite3_Win7-81-10_Z170_V10126\DrvResource\AXSP\axlns.exe as administrator

than
AISuite3_Win7-81-10_Z170_V10126\Setup.exe as administrator

than need one click to allow some other binary.

Make sure that nothing is running from earlier attempts. If not sure reboot PC than start above.

It stupid that asus written installer that way.

BR,
Lukasz

hitmarker

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

Still nothing... I have tried everything, even calling asus support. They have no clue either.

gitmacz

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015

Can you try renaming the folder where the setup files are to Alsuite3 or any other simpler word. Try to keep it below 6 letters and try again in Admin

hitmarker

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

This is so weird It has to work! First thing i will do after i get my hands on the pc! Thanks. Will update when i try it :)

hitmarker

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

Still nothing... I have tried everything, even calling asus support. They have no clue either.

hitmarker

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015

OMG! I just renamed the folder to aismd, didn't even bother with anything other than running asussetup as admin and BAM! IT WORKED! You really stunned me. Like this was the last thing i tought would work! Thanks man! Have a fucking wonderful day!

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

thanks for the link

Sparklepaws

Estimable
May 26, 2015

This also worked for me.

blooddrainer

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
If you have some spaces in path to the ASUS AI Suite 3 install folder, this will be problem, too. I found solution in moving install directory to simple path like C:\install\ and everything works fine :)

Mar 22, 2014

Thank you. This post concluded my 3 days dealing with this problem.

best

EMTCJ_65

Commendable
May 12, 2016
HI guys!
SO I found the actual solution to the issue. The AI Suite 3 folder when downloaded from the asus website initially was blocked by MS Defender. So i downloaded the file on another computer and unzipped the file to a usb pen drive. I stopped here to right click on the Ai Suite 3 folder and went to properties on the unzipped folder to check if it was blocked - it was not. I then plugged the usb pen drive into the computer i was having issues on and again i stopped to right click on the Ai Suite 3 folder to make sure nothing was blocking it again. The file was not blocked so i proceeded to run the Aisetup.exe file with admin privileges and everything installed perfectly the first time. Hope this helps everyone =)

G

Gareth Tandy YOU LEGEND! Just assembled new pc and had this same asus suite problem, now it works like a charm! So Simple! Thanks!

ibanez74

Commendable
May 21, 2016
There's an easier way to unlock all files inside the AISuite (3) within a few secondes.

Things you need:

- actual download of AISuite (unzipped)
- freeware tool named "Streams" from MS Technet: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/streams.aspx

Download and unzip the content of Streams (EXE & Eula) to a temporary folder, for example: C:\Tmp

Download and unzip the AISuite to the same folder and rename it to C:\Tmp\AISuite3 (much easier when typing)

Now start a CMD-Shell as Administrator. To do that, click on start, type CMD, rightclick the result and select "Run as administrator". Inside the CMD-Shell type "cd C:\tmp" (without quotation marks). After this type "streams -s -d AISuite3" (again without quotation marks). Accept the Eula and you should see a large list of processed files. Close the shell, navigate to C:\Tmp\AISuite3 and start the setup.

Works on Win 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

gvertes

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016

Thanks Gareth! This worked for me after trying a few other things!

Cathy Semi-Geek

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
Thanks to all of you for your hard work and suggestions. I've tried a few things, even running it as the Administrator - in the Admin account. It kept getting hung up. I took it upon myself to kill the 'hung process'
axinst.exe., but it only did one more app after that.
Sooo, I think credit goes to montyb for suggesting have alll users run each .exe file as Admin.
And the other credit goes to bobmail telling us to kill the process axinst.exe and then it would take off.
When I went into all my exe files to unblock them, none were blocked. So the difference has to be adding the Run in Admin mode to all users. (I'm about to find out)

And it sounds like there are ways I could have saved a ton of keystrokes if I had gotten on here sooner. Oh well, Live and Learn.

Cathy Semi-Geek

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
After getting all the great advice on here, I started the installl of ai suite 3. It hung up, like we all knew on that one file. I killed it and the process took off again. Then it got hung up again. After an hour I killed that process. Then it never resumed.
Started looking at each folder under Ai Suite 3 and saw the Data.rar files in almost every sub folder. I tried to open one, and it said file was corrupt.
I thought, well the application is going to use the data so it's not supposed to 'extract' like a normal rar file.
Can you guys confirm that for me? I'm about to play kickball with my PC.

Please, anybody have a clue about those Unextracted DATA files in each folder? Is that OK? And why, oh why can't my PC finish the install. I'm running from the admin account, my dir name is 'aisuite3'. I set all exe's to compatability run as Admin for all users. (but Hell, that shouldn't even matter since I'm logged in as Administrator and running from Admin.

Please help a desperate woman...

Derek4Real

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Thank you so much! Worked for me. Had a ton of problems w AI Suite after installing Strix 1080. Now everything is great! You're the man!

Status
Not open for further replies.