Asus AI Suite III won't open/install correctly

voodoomamajuju

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
So I've replaced my motherboard, went from AMD to Intel. I had the Zambezi with the Crosshair IV Formula Z, now I have Z97-Pro (wi-fi ac).
I've completely removed AI Suite II. I've installed and uninstalled AI Suite III multiple times, but it still gives me the same error: "Unknown name."
That's all it says. All my drivers and stuff is up to date, on and fan expert always fails to install of the disk that the mobo came with.

Solution
With a processor architecture change, it is highly recommended that you totally reinstall your OS from scratch, no matter if you have visible problems or not. It won't support the whole instruction set of the new CPU with the config left over from the old CPU.

With the Asus AI suite, I had major problems moving from an X79 based system (Sabretooth X79) to a Z97 based (Maximus VII Hero) until I reinstalled my OS from scratch. That was the only way I could get it to install.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
With a processor architecture change, it is highly recommended that you totally reinstall your OS from scratch, no matter if you have visible problems or not. It won't support the whole instruction set of the new CPU with the config left over from the old CPU.

With the Asus AI suite, I had major problems moving from an X79 based system (Sabretooth X79) to a Z97 based (Maximus VII Hero) until I reinstalled my OS from scratch. That was the only way I could get it to install.

Solution