ASUS Al Suite 3 - cleaning

tigar

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Hallo!

I recently bought my new pc (that came with an ASUS H170M-PLUS MOBO). In order to increase the CPU Fan speed, I tried to install Al Suite 3 [Asus' mobo application], and that's where the nightmare began.

I had glitches, freezes and a serious headache, because the program didn't installed but I coudn't unistall it or install it again - a BIG problem, cause every time I restarted my pc some message popped up and, again, I had some freezes and glitches.

After seeking the ASUS Al Suite 3 Cleaner, in order to clean the old application and try again, I found out that the link was down and Asus didn't managed to post another one. Dead end.

Not a single one site had the cleaner, so I was on my on. Since I'm a newbie at these kind of stuff, I tried the simple.

Installed Revo Unistaller Pro and unistalled it on the advanced way, ignoring the error messages that popped up. After that, I run Auslogics Registry Cleaner and found out a LOT of problems. After that, to complete, I ran CCleaner to clear my consciousness. ^^

So, at the moment, I managed to clean the application - and I'm not thinking about trying again, since a LOT of people in internet said the program have a lot of problems and these kind of thing can happen over and over.

~~

Just posting it to help some people that can't find a way to exterminate this cancer from their pc.

~~

obs: I'm using the Windows 10 64bit version.

Solution
I ran it when I first got my PC as I wanted it to control my case fans but instead it was a nightmare, it kept turning my CPU fan off entirely which is a little worrying. It also overclocked my CPU which is something I didn't want.

I removed AI Suite from loading at start up & then reset bios to default and let the bios control the fans. CPU fan never turned off since. I have since reformatted PC and never installed AI Suite again. Most reliable way to make sure its gone. Also on a newer bios so any ill effects long wiped away.

Colif

Distinguished
I ran it when I first got my PC as I wanted it to control my case fans but instead it was a nightmare, it kept turning my CPU fan off entirely which is a little worrying. It also overclocked my CPU which is something I didn't want.

I removed AI Suite from loading at start up & then reset bios to default and let the bios control the fans. CPU fan never turned off since. I have since reformatted PC and never installed AI Suite again. Most reliable way to make sure its gone. Also on a newer bios so any ill effects long wiped away.

Solution