ASUS boot option

AlexanderHUN

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Hi guys please help me!

I've bought an ASUS X502CA-XX076D laptop for my mother. Problem is it doesnt have a CD/DVD drive so I've create a bootable SD card.
Problem is when I enter the BIOS there is NO option to select the SD card (had no problem with bootable SD cards so far).

The only option is to boot from the HDD.
There is a way to add new boot options problem is I can't really figure it out what to write when it asks for the path of the boot option.
Any ideas how could I install win7 on this machine?

AlexanderHUN

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Yeah I have left my USB in Germany (and im Hungary now so kinda far away) I wasn't prepared I guess, but bootable SD cards work though, just installed Windows 7 2 weeks ago on a couple computers in the office.

Ssb22

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015
Another option, is download the Bios firmware here: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X502CA/HelpDesk_Download/

Save it to a USB

Go into Bios and update it to 209, than, after restart, go to boot and there will be an option for add new boot option.

sthomas128

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Here is the problem and solution that I found found with my ASUS X502C.
My situation:
The HD died, replaced with same model “ Western Digital WD5000LPVX” drive.

Press “Esc” –or- “F2” immediately after the power button to enter the BIOS Setup.
1st)
Be aware that the 2 enter keys on the keyboard DO NOT behave the same way in the BIOS (the middle enter key will only “select” an option), ie, if you press the middle enter key in the BIOS to confirm your save and exit you are merely selecting it and WILL NOT save, you must press the bottom right enter button to confirmany option including “save, exit”.

2nd)
Go to SECURITY tab and make sure that “Secure Boot Control” is “Disabled”.
Go to BOOT in the BIOS and make sure “Launch CSM” and “Launch PXE OpROM” are “Enabled”.
Hope this helps and saves someone the day or so of net surfing to find a solution to this issue.
ENJOY :)

Stuart_14

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

ok so my sons laptop only as one boot option and that is boot from dvd rom theirs no usb hdd or flopy boot options i have tried serveral different methods on the internet including this one but nothing help pls