Asus Computer Not Turning On and Touching Track-pad Causes a Restart

DanceBoiDance

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
Recently, I have been having trouble with my computer. Whenever I accidentally touched the track-pad, or someone put something heavy down near my computer, it would restart. However, today the problems progressed into my computer not turning on. When I push the power button, the power LED lights up and stays lit up, but my computer will not turn on, and I can't turn my computer off. Also, if i try to plug in my computer to charge it up in case it's a problem with the battery, the LED saying the computer is charging stays off. I know it is not a problem with the charger because it is almost brand new.

Thanks for helping

Hi

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. Do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, do open the laptop completely and make sure that everything is seated properly and remove the dust off the fans then apply new thermal paste as well onto the CPU.
- And if all these will not work the problem is the motherboard itself. Do contact ASUS support if the laptop is still under the factory warranty for a repair.