Asus Confirms Android 5.0 ''Jelly Bean'' Codename

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I hope Google bought rights from Gene Roddenberry, so people can just say "computer, what is the current distance to the sun" and have the star trek computer voice respond.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
[citation][nom]santeana[/nom]Answer to siri..... great. Apple will have more useless crap to sue over[/citation]

I think Google will try to expand the functionality of their voice search (read: allow more varied instructions/requests, with less required structure) without fully implementing an 'office assistant,' like Siri. The consensus seems to be that people still want their phones to be private and that conversing with it is a fun idea that wears off quickly, based on what I've read.

G

we all notice that the desserts started at C because the other two names - apple and blackberry were already used ;) another reason why android is better

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
This is largely irrelevant. 90% of android owners wont get "Jelly Bean" until Q2 2013, Q4 2013 or Q1 2014 if you own a motorola.
In fact, HTC probably and Samsung probably have more ICS love than any one else, and its all from hobbyist developers over @ XDA as neither has released ICS for any of their phones as of yet.
This is the part that makes me sick too.. HOW HARD CAN IT BE? These guys are working on it for fun, and they pull off a decent product that is completely reversed engineered and using the binary drivers in alot of cases that have been leaked some where.. If they can make a functioning ROM, why cant the manufacturers?
And this whole damned locked bootloader and what not on moto devices and others is just sickening. Not to mention the fact I am really surprised no one has ever released a device outside of the nexus lines that allows for an AOSP rom. They dont have to support it, just dump the files needed to add to the AOSP build (most of the nexus drivers are pre-compiled binaries any way) and allow people to build an AOSP ROM if they want to. It'd sure as hell beat waiting for the manufacturers to get their act together and then begging the carriers to release the software they worked on.
Bah.....
Frustrated Atrix 2 owner here.. Switching to SGS2 soon...

eric_son

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Martin9630[/nom]they are screwed for a name when they get to 'X'.[/citation]
How about Xanthan Gum?

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
So the little android robot already looks similar to a "Jelly Bean" but one thing is, what color will they choose for it? Or will the logo include a little package of 5 or so Android Jelly Beans

[citation][nom]jgutz2006[/nom]So the little android robot already looks similar to a "Jelly Bean" but one thing is, what color will they choose for it? Or will the logo include a little package of 5 or so Android Jelly Beans[/citation]
Real jelly beans are red! All the others are just filler. Android 5 devices will be red!

Status
Not open for further replies.