ASUS Core Unlocker Not working?

andrewb7

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I got a asus m4a87T motherboard with a phenom II x 2 555 3.2 ghz cpu....I tried running core unlocker to get a quad core, and instead of saying " 4 cores activated" ,,,it still says " 2 cores activated"

Not sure what to do, I tried doing it manually in the bios. That still didnt work. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :)

popatim

Splendid
Updat the bios firmware to the latest.

in the bios, Did you...
Activate 'All Cores' in Advanced Clock Calibration?
Enabled "Unleashing Mode" ?
Set "Active CPU Cores" to 4?
and , probably best to start their value as 0%
Disabled cool n quiet and c1e?

andrewb7

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I have the lastest bios installed. And I notcied in videos of people doing it that they had the settings of " Unleashing mode " and " advanced clock calibration" ... But the thing is ,I dont have those settings :s ?

popatim

Splendid

Then you need to find out which motherbd you really have because I have that motherbd in my livingroom HTPC and those options are there. They are on the advanced tab under cpu configuration if I remember right.

Even when it boots up is says press 4 or f4 (i forget) for Core Unlocker

lazyboy947

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
go into the bios ur self and turn on as enable acc / advanced core calibration. Also that motherboard has core unlocker, so ur doing something wrong, not trying to be mean lol

Maybe when hitting the f4 to activate core unlocker its basically saying that the two extra cores rnt stable and cant be used, but I'd still try the bios way of enabling it.

Wisecracker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007

Not even close.

If you don't have anything constructive to post, why bother?