Asus eeeLaptop on windows 7 freezes on startup.

StormyNiki

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
I tried lots of my tricks,but my laptop does not work.When i turn it on it freezes when the eee logo shows up.Any idea how to solve that problem guys?

Hi,

It seems like a hardware problem but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still get stuck on the same logo, do remove the HDD off the laptop then power it on again.
- If the laptop will still get stuck on the same ASUS eee logo that could only mean that there's a problem withe the motherboard.
- Do try to reseat the CMOS battery inside the laptop, turn the laptop completely off then open it and remove the CMOS battery for a second then put it back in and see if that will solve the problem because if it will still not work that means the motherboard needs to be repaired.
- But if the laptop will load pass the ASUS eee logo without the HDD that means the harddrive is the problem. Do take it off the laptop while it's off then put it back in just to make sure it's seated properly. If it will get stuck on the same logo that means the HDD needs to be replaced.