ASUS froze in middle of Windows update

ASUSowner1956

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
I have an ASUS laptop pc and it froze right in the middle of a big Windows update. Pressing CTRL ALT Delete did nothing, same for trying to turn if off. Where does ASUS put the batteries so I can remove them, I keep my ASUS plugged in all the time so it doesn't eat battery power. Should I deisconect everything from cable and modem again, let the battery run itself out(2-4) hours, plug back everything and restart or remove battery and how. I bought this PC from Best Buy about a year ago and think it was that long Windows update that froze everything up! At least with an HP laptop PC, I could easily remove the battery from the botton of the pc.

Im Spartacus

Estimable
Mar 25, 2015
I believe you should find a pin hole underneath the laptop inserting a pin should reset it but it's not good it had not finished updating. I think it's gone into sleep mode while updating do you have a manual to get it out of sleep mode? Don't tell me it's on a file in the laptop.
Do you have a fn key near left shift key? hold it down and press one of the upper f keys numbered 1-12 i.e...F3 The one that has a symbol of a screen or a square within a square.

Which Asus laptop do you have? Some batteries are removable, and some are inside the casing (still removable, despite being advertised as "non-removable," though they're much more difficult to get to).

If the system is freezing at POST (before loading Windows), you might have a firmware or hardware issue. If it passes POST and gets to Windows, then freezes, you may need to default to using a factory recovery if you cannot repair whatever happened with that update that caused this.