Question Asus G71JT Battery Issues

May 18, 2020
So I have the dreaded battery issue that seems to be somewhat common with my G751JT.

I bought the laptop around 2014-2015 and had issues with the computer fairly early. From what I remember the computer would no longer turn on. I sent it in and I believe it was a motherboard issue. Luckily, it was still under warranty and I think it was simply replaced.

Fast forward a few years and I started to have issues with plugged in, charging that shifted towards plugged, not charging. I took the computer to micro center and they said it was the battery was dead and needed to be replaced. I get a call a day later and they tell me that the motherboard was fried in the process of changing the battery. They agreed to replace the mother board but I was so frustrated in the process I decided to take the computer home without having the battery replaced.
Since then the computer has been having many issues. It won’t recognize large portable hard drives, it won’t recognize the Ethernet cable, and I can’t use an hdmi cord to connect it to my tv, it will connect to a monitor, but not the tv.

So I was hoping that all of this was connected to the battery and decided to change the battery myself. I thought I had success but it seems like nothing really changed. I can get the battery charge but only up to 83%. If I unplug the power supply, the computer will still shut off.

I’m really lost at what I should do next. I fear this is a much bigger issue than what I am able to handle. Any thoughts or advice would be awesome.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 0
lin1614 Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
buttersc0tch Laptop Tech Support 0
roystons Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1
ankvaria Laptop Tech Support 0
N Laptop Tech Support 1
nerdyotter Laptop Tech Support 0