Asus G72GX not turning on

Volrat

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hello everyone,

I currently own an Asus G72GX laptop and it won't turn on anymore. I tried powering it without the battery and I tried another power adapter which was working on another laptop (same model) and it still doesn't work. There is a green light on my power adapter and as soon as I plug it in my laptop the light turns off. The other power adapter did the same thing. It's like if my laptop wasn't letting any current go through. This problem appeared when my laptop was plugged on the wall (turned off) and the house circuit breaker jumped. I am afraid that my board might be fried. Is there any other things I could test/check to identify the problem?

Macdoctor56

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Try this it worked for me. take your battery out and unplug the power cord from the computer, hold down the power button for 1 minute then put battery back in and plug in power then try turning it back on. I know this sound like a simple solution but it's the only thing I found that actually worked, I thought mine was dead.

rustking

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

ake your battery ASUS G72GX out and unplug the power cord from the computer, hold down the power button for 1 minute then put battery ASUS G72GX back in and plug in power then try turning it back on. I know this sound like a simple solution but it's the only thing I found that actually worked, I thought mine was dead. http://www.buonabatteria.com/samsung-n150.html