Asus G750Jw LCD Screen Replacement Issue

Cloaked1

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
Hello Everyone,

My Asus G750JW laptop can connect to external monitors but the laptop's LCD screen no longer powers on.

The issue occurred after I plugged in a portable USB battery to charge it and then opening the laptop lid. Upon opening the lid, I heard a powering down noise and the laptop turned off. The hard drive became corrupted and I had to reinstall Windows 10.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/updating my graphics driver, FN + F7 to enable/disable screen, FN + F8 to switch between monitors.

Finally I tried replacing the laptop screen with a new screen that is specifically for the Asus G750JW model but without any success. The serial number on both screens do match except for the last digit. Switching back to my old screen doesn't work either.

Any ideas on what I need to replace?

Hi,

Did the replacement screen came in with a ribbon cable that connects it to the motherboard? If it doesn't you may need to replace that ribbon cable as well since it could be the one faulty not the screen itself. If it's working just fine using an external monitor that means your graphics card is okay and it can also be that the port where you connect the ribbon cable on the motherboard is faulty already and replacing the entire motherboard will be the only solution if that's the case.

Cloaked1

Commendable
Feb 9, 2016
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement screen did not come with a ribbon cable so I'm just going to return it.

Should I try disconnecting and reconnecting the wires underneath the keyboard? I'm not too sure where the motherboard is without removing the keyboard off completely.