Asus G752vs loading Fallout 4 slowly... should I return or ideas to fix it

Rinoxus

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
I recently purchased an Asus G752VS in Canada. Its the first gaming laptop I have ever had, so I have high expectations for the GTX 1070, the intel i7 6820hk, and 256 SSD. Might be able to overclock, but can't tell from the settings. It supposedly has a good cooling system and has win 10 pro, which I need for work.I am playing fallout 4. At first, it seemed super fast booting up, and loading everything. The only disappointment is the massive size, weight, and poor battery life... which is a minor compromise for what is inside.

I have two days left to return it if I don't like it. Why would I want to... well it had started taking longer to boot up fallout and to load levels. It seemed really quick when I first started playing Fallout. But after two weeks, it literally takes several minutes to load a level or go from the intro screen to the game play. Game play is great, but anything that involves loading is having problems. Alt-Tab to windows literally takes more then 5min and sometimes crashes the game.

Possible causes in my view. Its a lemon, Windows 10 Pro updated around the time I noticed the issues, or the electricity on my trip is messing with it. I have been traveling, and I have been babying it, but am concerned that maybe the electricity differences messed it up. The power bar says it is safe for 220V. However, when plugged into 220 the screen lid would feel different... its hard to explain, kinda staticky. But it didn't seem to be an issue with gameplay at first. I just wish I knew what was the cause.

I deleted older saved games, disabled and reenabled the intel driver, updated the gtx 1070 and the nvidia drivers. Rebooted multiple times, but no major improvement. I tried rolling back to the previous windows settings before the update but it is giving me errors and says it can't roll back.

I don't have a lot of data right now, so its hard to run the laptop through many tests. But the day I get back is the deadline to return it. Do you have any suggestions?

Rinoxus

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
The only thing I have installed on the 256gb SSD and the 1Tb HD is Fallout 4.
I just fixed it by rolling back the update. What a huge difference. I wish I would have figured that out hours ago. I imagine I need to have Windows update at some point, what can I do?