asus g75vw Drivers

Ztrust

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
Hi all
I have myself an Asus g75vw and I cant get it to wake from sleep on usb keyboard/mouse.
I know this is possible since I have done it in the past and its in the manual
problem is when it sleeps I can only wake it from powerbutton I have tried all the settings in every combination
Sleep is the same as Suspend-to-RAM (STR). This function stores your current data and status in RAM while many components are turned OFF. Because RAM is volatile, it requires power to keep (refresh) the data. Click the Windows button and the arrowhead next to the lock icon to see this option. You can also use the keyboard shortcut [Fn F1] to activate this mode. Recover by pressing any keyboard key except [Fn]. (NOTE: The power indicator will blink in this mode.)
And I am thinking maybe the problem is with the asus drivers so I would like to find them directly from the manufacturer (so intel,atheros and son) but finding the correct chipset drivers and usb my knowledge dosent go that far so im hoping someone can help me find the correct and latest drivers but not from asus.
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG_ROG/G75VW/

thank you
ztrust

Ztrust

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

perhaps I need to clarify my post but as stated in last line the drivers not from asus but from intel,atheros and so on

Ztrust

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
hey smarthelp.
thanks for the links I will check them out, I´m pretty sure it is the drivers because the asus drivers are so shitty and ive had it working in the past and im thinking that maybe I was using drivers not from asus(I know at one point I used drivers not from asus but cant remember if that was when it worked)
no i havent updated bios the last version are from some time ago and its the same version it worked on last and there is only one setting in bios wich I have disabled (its a power saver feature) and I will go through the list for components names I just thought the more knowledgeable people would know what was need from the link in the description but thanks for the help so far

If this worked before but not now, what changed in the middle?

Ztrust

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014

hey I have tried the setup.exe utility but it dosent seem to do anything but I have drivers installed already will it work on a clean install ?

#hang-the-9
I sent it in for repair and it came back with new os installed and their offical drivers and I dont have the ones that worked for me anymore

Run the BIOS update and set the BIOS options to default, see what happens.
The laptop vendor drivers are in many cases better to use since there may be changes to the official chipset and options that the core hardware vendors like Intel, Realtek, etc... have on their site.