Question Asus G771J laptop supports external monitor with 144 or 120hz?

Aug 10, 2020
Hey,

I have this issue with my laptop as Im not that good with this kind of things and havent found a proper answe in my problem.

I contacted asus about this, but their not sure about this, just said its old graphics card so they dont think so..

I have Asus G711J, specs:
Expect I have nvidia geforce gtx 960m but otherwise it should be the same, couldnt find link with this one as its old laptop.

And the monitor I would like to get:
BenQ Zowie cl2411p
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1393334-REG/benq_zowie_xl2411p_24_zowie_144hz.html/amp

Only purpose of buying this is for gaming with 144 or 120hz with my laptop and this monitor. It has hdmi, mini dp, etc.. to connect.

I only play games like cs:go, Valorant.
And I play with lowest settings on game and low windows,nvidia settings and with this setup I run this games on 150-180 fps so thats not an issue for gettin all out of the monitor.

But the question is, Can I play with this setup like valorant with 120 or 144hz with monitor?

Can I connect it with like mini dp to dp or hdmi to get this much hz?

Which graphics cards this mini dp connects to and does it matter? Im still allowed to use nvidia card for gaming and monitor even if mini dp connects to intel? But anyway not sure where it connects.

Just want to know if this is possible some how.

Thank you very much!

And btw 60hz is only option for my laptop own monitor. And bonus questin, is there a chance my laptop or graphics card gtx 960m locks hz to 60 so I couldnt get 144 or 120hz to external monitor ? Or is it possible with mini dp or hdmi or..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 0
FilthyChanged Laptop Tech Support 2
paccjas Laptop Tech Support 0
X Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
AlanGetar Laptop Tech Support 3
Tafida Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 0
bsea Laptop Tech Support 1
aaron17_07 Laptop Tech Support 3