Solved! Asus GL502VM (DOESNT WORK AFTER REPASTE)

Mar 30, 2018
Hello

I have just recently bought and repasted this laptop with no success. I didnt wear an antistatic wristband nor did I disconnect the battery. I disassembled it and repasted, but in the process I saw sparkles coming from the laptop where I touched the copper pipes with one of the transistors. Ever since the laptop won't react to power button. I have sent it to Asus, but they said the motherboard is fried, but they wont fix it, they will just replaced for a price that is the equivalent to a new laptop.

I also gave it to one of my local repair shops but they cant find the fault. They just say that the laptop gets power but that it wont boot.

Is there anything I can do apart from selling it for parts? And if sell it for parts how would I best approach this? List it on eBay? I am really down now, since I paid so much money for it :(

Thanks

Solution
Yes a motherboard replacement from the vendor can be pricey, did you look to see if a motherboard is available for your system to buy outside of ASUS site?

Unless you replace the motherboard, it will not be worth too much, probably less than half of a working system for the screen, shell, drive and RAM.
Yes a motherboard replacement from the vendor can be pricey, did you look to see if a motherboard is available for your system to buy outside of ASUS site?

Unless you replace the motherboard, it will not be worth too much, probably less than half of a working system for the screen, shell, drive and RAM.

Solution

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
I never used wristband and have teardown lots of laptops, never any damage. It was the battery connected what was the problem.

How good are you with electronics, maybe you could try find the fault yourself? If you have multimeter then we can try few points to check