ASUS GL503 ti

Dec 30, 2018
Hi please can someone help I bought this laptop for my son for Christmas but we really don’t know too much about them. He says it’s overheating as the CPU on the gaming centre moving up and down changing constantly. If someone could possibly let me know what settings everything should be on in the games centre I would really appreciate it. Once when browsing on here someone recommended an app to help with overheating but infortunately didn’t write the info down. Don’t know how to attach screen photo Many thanks Janet

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8368988

Solution
Is the laptop on a desk with nothing blocking the vents? 89C is pretty hot but not in the danger level for a gaming laptop. You can check with ASUS support also to check what normal range should be. Check for a newer BIOS also from the support site, often vendors add fan profiles or other tweaks to help with cooling.
First thing you need to figure out if it's actually overheating. There is no software that can help with that, unless you are talking about things that manage the fan speeds. What are the temps that the CPU is actually showing, just because something is changing does not mean much.

Dec 30, 2018
Thanks for your reply we are not sure what the settings for fan are best set at.
On turning on cpu 37 degrees
After half hour play cpu 52 degrees
After one hour play cpu 69 degrees
Last night went to 89 after 2 hours play
Is there any way to send photo of game centre screen shot so you could look at settings? Many thanks

Is the laptop on a desk with nothing blocking the vents? 89C is pretty hot but not in the danger level for a gaming laptop. You can check with ASUS support also to check what normal range should be. Check for a newer BIOS also from the support site, often vendors add fan profiles or other tweaks to help with cooling.

Solution