Asus K501U Crashing problem - Urgent assistence required

jackm1

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Hi all,
Sorry for the over dramatic title.

I am working for a chinese company remotely, online teaching. They pay well, and I need the cash.

Just recently, the laptop started freezing, and the only way to get it working again would be to hold the power button for 5 seconds and restart.

It is becoming more and more frequent, and tonight, it happened in each one of my 3 classes. If it keeps happening, il get fired.

Whats strange is that before it happens, the kids webcams all freeze for 5 seconds or so, but I have control over everything else (mouse, close program etc), but then the mouse stops and theres nothing more I can do except do a reset.

I enjoy doing this job, and its easy money, but they have noticed that im disapearing for 5 minutes at a time during a class, and they have told me to rectify it. I am scheduled to teach tomorrow, so I need a fix ASAP.

Anybody any ideas why this happens?

Also as a side note, I was taught at a very young age that powering off a computer or laptop in the manner I am doing when this happens, is bad, and will damage the hardware over the long term. Is this true?

Thanks
edit: returning the laptop to where I bought it is out of the question as I have moved away from there, no longer have the receipt, and consumer rights aren't really a thing where I am.

Solution
Can you spend some time experimenting before you go back online with the pupils? When it slows down while you're just browsing online, right click te Taskbar and select Task manager. If it hasn't been used before, click on Expand or whichever message shows in the bottom left corner.

Do you see any excessive use of resources in the CPU and Memory lists? Double click on the column heading to bring the offenders to the top. Please post back with your findings.

Which programme are you using to connect with the school?
Can you spend some time experimenting before you go back online with the pupils? When it slows down while you're just browsing online, right click te Taskbar and select Task manager. If it hasn't been used before, click on Expand or whichever message shows in the bottom left corner.

Do you see any excessive use of resources in the CPU and Memory lists? Double click on the column heading to bring the offenders to the top. Please post back with your findings.

Which programme are you using to connect with the school?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS